Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where do you lose your sense of humor?

What is an area in your life where you lose your sense of humor? Where you are taking life to seriously? It could be a particular relationship at home or at work, or it could be your lack of relationships. It could be parenting, a stressful project at work, finances, or a prickly family member. For me, technology causes me to lose my humor. I continually need to call forth my funny bone. How might you bring laugter and play to that area of life you take seriously? As you read this book, keep in mind an area you would like to lighten up. Listen for ways humor can influence that area of your life.
After I shared my frustration with technology and my need to maintain my sense of humor, especially with regard to computer problems, my friend Vicki sent the following:

Serene Japanese Computer Messages:

• The Web site you seek cannot be located, but countless more exist.
• Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent and reboot. Order shall return.
• Yesterday it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that.
• Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down.
• A crash reduces your expensive computer to a simple stone.
• Three things are certain: death, taxes, and lost data. Guess which has occurred?
• Having been erased, the document you are seeking must now be retyped.
• Serious error, all shortcuts have disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment